- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the oranges into wedges about a quarter inch thick. I was able to cut 16 slices per orange, but this will depend on the size of the oranges you're using.
- In a large skillet (at least 12 inch) bring sugar and water to a boil.
- Place the orange slices into the skillet. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Let the orange slices simmer for about 30 minutes, until the pith becomes translucent. Flip the oranges once or twice and occasionally press the oranges down into the syrup.
- Remove the orange slices from the syrup and cool on parchment paper.
- When the orange slices are cool, melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Dip half of the candied orange into the chocolate and let set on a sheet of parchment paper.
- The orange slices are ready too eat once the chocolate is cool and hard -- you can store the orange slices in the refrigerator.