Do you have a bunch of mason jars with only 1/4 cup of contents and little baggies floating about your cupboard with only a handful of ingredients from the bulk section? Well, I do. I am never going to make 1/4 cup of quinoa. I usually let it sit in the cupboard until one day when I decide its too old, toss it and restart my collection. Not this time - I decided to make some granola. Tim and I are leaving for Mexico today and granola is the perfect airplane snack.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients into a bowl - be sure that the oil and honey are well distributed
- Spread mixture on to a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for about 25 minutes - half way through the baking, stir around a bit to get even browning
- Let cool completely before putting into an air tight container -- as it cools the chunks of granola form
You don't have to follow this recipe exactly. Honestly, I emptied 2 mason jars, 2 baggies, and a box of currants left over from the holidays.