I was making some roasted chickpeas for a roadtrip snack, but I fix roasted chickpeas with cooked chard and some plain yogurt on a pretty regular basis. It's a great way to use chickpeas outside of hummus or a Moroccan stew.
- 15.5 ounce can of rinsed chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon berbere
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients together
- Spread the chickpeas out on a aluminum lined baking sheet
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes
Note: I use the Ethiopian spice mixture berbere for this recipe. It has a nice combination of flavors and heat. There are many varieties of berbere, but if you can't find a pre-mixed one you can either make your own berbere, or substitute any other spices you would like.