This recipe made about two dozen cookies.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 egg
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, mix together the butter and sugar until well incorporated. Then add the egg and coconut extract to the butter and sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Once the dry ingredients are well incorporated, use a wooden spoon and mix in the chocolate and coconut.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the cookie dough onto the cookie sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately move the parchment paper and cookies off the pan and cool on a wire rack.