- Olive oil
- 4 servings of dry spaghetti
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1.5 cups frozen or fresh peas
- Bring a large stock pot filled with salted water to a boil. When the water reaches a rolling boil add the dry spaghetti
- Heat a 12 inch skillet and coat with olive oil. Add the leeks and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes
- Add the garlic, asparagus and 1 ladle of the pasta water to the skillet. Cook about 2 minutes on medium-low heat. Add the peas and stir. Salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat.
- Using tongs, add the pasta to the skillet and stir until the vegetables and pasta are mixed well.
- Garnish with olive oil and grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
It's very important not to overcook the vegetables. Be sure that the vegetables remain bright green and have a snap to them, it adds to the freshness of the dish. Enjoy!