This salad is even better served with a good crusty bread with a soft inside - a good sourdough is perfect.
- 2 avocados
- 1 can hearts of palm*
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion
- 3 ears of corn
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once the oven is preheated, place the corn cobs (still in husks) onto the oven racks. Roast for 30 minutes.
- While the corn is roasting, chop up the hearts of palm into 1/2 inch pieces, and slice the onion and tomoatoes.
- Combine the hearts of palm, onions, tomatoes, and olive oil in a serving bowl. Salt to taste and let marinate while the corn roasts.
- Remove the corn from the oven, slice the corn off the cob, and combine with salad.
- Chop the avocados into 1/2 inch pieces, combine with the salad, vinegar, and lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon.